Skin-related disorders are responsible for a significant number of visits from our clients and their pets every day. It is important to diagnose the causes of skin diseases rather than just put a “band-aid” on the problem and have it recur over and over.
Allergy plays a significant role in the field of dermatology. We offer comprehensive allergy testing for both environmental allergens as well as food allergens. Fortunately, most allergy treatments are with a daily oral drop instead of the injections that were previously the mainstay of treatment.
- Skin Biopsy with specialist;
- Dermatopathology Skin cultures, both bacterial and fungal testing.
- Skin scraping, which identifies types of skin parasites and infections.
- Allergy testing with a blood sample.
- Food Allergy TrialsGlandular disorder screening.
- Low thyroid levels or excess cortisol levels can cause skin symptoms.
We also offer professional grooming at Calabasas Veterinary Center
- Medicated bathing with pulsing warm water sprays using a device called HydroSurge hastens the recovery from many skin diseases and makes your pet feel better right away.
Some of the therapies we offer are:
- Hyposensitization for allergy symptoms.
- Homeopathic remedies.
- Antihistamine therapy
- Advanced medications for moderate to severe allergy (also termed atopy).
- HydroSurge medicated baths.
- Advanced antibiotic therapies.
- Elimination of primary or secondary yeast infections.
- Balancing and treatment of hormonal abnormalities.
- Parasite elimination; fleas, ticks, mites, other ectoparasites.