Surgery at Calabasas Veterinary Center
- Calabasas Veterinary Center offers soft tissue surgery, cancer surgery, spay and neuter, treatment of eyelid masses, and orthopedic surgery.
- All patients receive intravenous fluid therapy, cardiac and respiratory monitoring, oxygen saturation measurement, EKG, and audible breathing pattern devices during anesthesia.
- Pre-operative laboratory testing is routinely performed, including the evaluation of blood clotting times. Intraoperatively, patients are intensively monitored.
- Gas anesthesia with medical grade 100% oxygen is routinely used.
- Recovery is in a quiet, warm environment and pain management is our major priority. Many surgeries can be costly.
- Post-operatively, all patients receive Cold Laser Therapy treatment to assist in recovery and pain management
- Calabasas Veterinary Center provides a detailed estimate of charges in advance so that pet owners have no surprises at checkout time.
Spay/Neuter at Calabasas Veterinary Center
At Calabasas Veterinary Center, we offer a professional practice for spaying and neutering your pets. The reason is that we want your pet to undergo these surgical procedures in a clean safe environment.
- Each animal gets its own individual surgery pack, no sharing of instruments as can happen in low-cost assembly line practices.
- A Sterile technique for each animal with a veterinary technician overseeing each patient’s anesthesia on a one to one basis.
- Pain management is a priority, and, although most animals manifest little pain from these procedures, we always dispense medication to be sure they experience the absolute minimum discomfort.
- It is your decision when to spay/neuter your pet but our doctors will be happy to explain the pros and cons of spaying or neutering and at what age.
- Most of the time you can pick up your pet the same day.